Valley Fire always has a plumber ready to go anytime you need expert plumbing assistance! Our highly trained experts have the knowledge and equipment to solve plumbing problems quickly and repair frozen, damaged, and leaking plumbing and fire sprinkler systems.
Valley Fire’s plumbing division is fully staffed and ready to serve clients in the Chicago area and suburbs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. For a plumbing expert, contact Valley Fire today.
Licensed, Bonded & Insured Plumbing Contractor
Valley Fire Protection Services is a licensed, bonded and insured Plumbing Contractor offering the following services:
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Commercial and Residential Plumbing
- Plumbing/Pipe Repairs
- Sewer and Drain Rodding
- Water Heaters
- Copper Piping Retrofit
- Underground Water and Sewer Repairs
- Fixture Installation
Plumbing Contractor License# 055-038194
Plumbers & Pipefitters
Our Plumbers are under the jurisdiction of the United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters; Local 501. http://www.ua.org/
Honesty and Integrity are at the heart of the Valley way of doing business. We are driven by pride to bring the very best to each and every one of our valued customers. We offer competitive pricing, and take responsibility of your plumbing problem. We will solve it by delivering the perfect, right-fit solution!
Valley is committed to bringing you the very best! For a plumbing expert, contact Valley Fire today.
Plumbing Tips from Professional Plumbers
Do you have a small plumbing problem that does not require a plumber or expert? Would you like to implement simple measures to prevent plumbing problems like drain clogs in the first place? Would you like to know how to lower your water bills? This section provides helpful information on how to repair or prevent common plumbing problems and also tips on general plumbing topics.
For professional plumbing assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact Valley Fire. We have expert plumbers and technicians throughout Chicago and the suburbs on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Simple Steps to Help Prevent High Water Bills
There are a few ways to find out why water bills/usage may have increased significantly:
- Leaky Faucet: Check faucets for dripping water and under sinks for moisture or leaks. A leaking faucet can waste between 10-30 gallons of water per day!
- Leaky Toilets are quite common and can waste up to 7000 gallons of water per month! To check your toilet for leaks, add a few drops of food coloring in the tank, and check the toilet bowl 30-45 minutes later. If you find that the water in the bowl has any of the food coloring in it, the tank is leaking.
- You may also write down the numbers on the water meter at the beginning of a period when the residence/building is going to be unoccupied for a few hours. Upon returning, check the meter — if the numbers have changed, there could be a leak. You may also want to check with your local public works department, as the water meter could need replacing.
Simple Steps to Help Prevent Plumbing Clogs
- Add a strainer to shower/tub drains to catch hair and debris. Be sure to clean the strainer regularly.
- Do not rinse fats or cooking oils down the kitchen sink. Liquid fats solidify in the cold pipes and create clogs.
- Never dispose of things like peelings (carrots, potatoes, apple, etc), bones or corn husks down garbage disposals as they can cause clogs and even permanently damage the disposal system.
- Always use plenty of cold water when running the garbage disposal and let it run for more than a few seconds. Hot water can dull the blades and short run times prevent adequate grinding of debris.
- Avoid using caustic drain openers (like Drano or Liquid Plumber) on a clogged drain. Chemicals in caustic drain openers are acidic and, when trapped in your pipes, can damage them severely.
Valley Fire always has a plumber ready to go anytime you need help! Our highly trained experts are specialists in prompt emergency service 24/7/365 with the knowledge and equipment to solve problems fast and repair frozen, damaged, and leaking fire and plumbing systems. Valley Fire’s plumbing division is fully staffed and ready to serve clients in the Chicago area 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
Disclaimer: Please note that these tips are to be used at your own risk. Valley Fire does not accept any responsibility or liability for the consequences of using these recommendations.
For additional information on our fire system inspection or plumbing services, qualifications or a free quote, please contact one of our Account Managers at 630.761.3168. Customer references are also available upon request.